Wednesday 1 April 2015

The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out Of Water

1st April 2015: Bolton 18:30

Bonkers, completely and utterly bonkers, but great fun all the way!

With my nephew up for the Easter Break, it was a perfect excuse to go and watch The Spongebob Movie.  Clare was not really interested in going so I needed someone with similar humour to join me.

I had not seen an episode of Spongebob for well over ten years, and can honestly say I am not a massive fan, but the original Nickelodeon programs such as this and Ren & Stimpy hold a dear place in my heart for being a little different.

When Plankton attempts to steal the secret formula of the Crabby Patties (again) something goes a little awry and the formula just disappears.  Thought to be in cahoots with Plankton, Spongebob has to go on the run and try to solve the mystery of the missing formula.  Obviously this involves time travel, an inter-dimensional dolphin, brain surgery and the apocalypse.  Perfect sense!

Don't be fooled from the trailer by thinking the film is mainly based in the "real world" with 3d versions of the beloved characters as this is the last 10 minutes of the film.  90% is based around Bikini Bottom with the original style of animation, which for me is a lot better.

Some great voice talents in this and some "I know that voice" moments, with English actors and celebs voicing characters for the UK version.

I can honestly say that Spongebob, as whacky and bizarre as it is, made me laugh a lot more than the 6-laugh-test and is a very entertaining film to watch.  Just remember, if you watch it whilst under the influence of alcohol of any other substance you may start seeing Bubbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment